Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Another New Beginning

Well, here it is - my first blog, and also my first day of waiting.  I applied for an airline today, and for professional reasons, I am not going to include the airline in my blog, ever.  I will just refer to it as "ABC Airlines".  I am going to tell you that it is probably the most nerve-racking thing that I've done since I've gotten to school, considering I have been really picky and choosy about which airlines I have wanted to apply for.  Before I get started on that, let me give you some back ground information.

My name is Melissa, and I am currently attending the Travel Academy in Bloomington, Minnessota.  If anyone is interested in the travel industry, this would be an EXCELLENT school to go to.  It really prepares you for what you are going to be facing in the travel industry, and the teachers and staff are amazing. 


I am 20 years old, and graduated from high school in 2008.  I did the whole college thing - made amazing friends and amazing memories, but all in all - just wasn't my thing.  So that is why I am here, sitting in the clubhouse of my very own apartment, writing a blog about what it is like to live my life, and to pursue my dreams.

As I said, I have just applied for an airline that is actually located here in Minneapolis.  I don't want to leave here mainly because I love the atmosphere of this town.  I've done my research about ABC Airlines, and I really looking forward to the potential to be able to actually sit down with someone and learn more.  There isn't much more I can say about it, because even I don't know much yet - but I definitely will keep up with the posts.

If anyone who is reading has any advice for me, or any words for encouragement, I would loveee to hear them - I'll take as much as I can get :)

1 comment:

Juniper said...

Hi, I found your blog via your comment on Tickets for Two which I follow. I am nothing to do with the travel industry I'm afraid! but just wanted to say welcome to Blog-World, you'll find some great people around here (and a few weirdos but they are easy to avoid, if you want to!).

All the best with your new career :-)

~Juniper

Dreams and Reality