Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Vikings Suck.

It has been a VERY long weekend.  Being 20 years old, of course I celebrated Halloween.  It's actually one of my favorite holidays to celebrate, beings when you're a girl you get to dress up as whatever you want to, wear your clothes however you want to, and as much of them as you would like.  Taking advantage of the fact that I was going to be with my boyfriend and all of his friends, I decided that I would be a french maid.  And yes, the weekend was a huge success.  I was at the University of Minnesota for the weekend, which is totally against anything I would have chosen for myself (I would have picked being in Iowa City celebrating the Hawkeye's domination over Michigan State), buuuuut, I handled it by drinking too much keg beer and U.V. Blue throughout the weekend. 

...Enough about my holiday - I still have not heard back from ABC Airlines.  I'm not sure how long it usually takes for airlines to go through an application, but I was informed it could be anywhere from 7 days to 2 weeks, which is fine by me.  I'm still preparing myself for the reality of having a "grown-up job", which absolutely terrifies me!  In all seriousness, the reality of actually having to deal with a real job/career really makes me nervous, because that is exactly the thing that a person prepares for their whole life.  My high school, the amount of college that I had, and travel school has ALL prepared me for this, so in return, I've promised myself that I will not disappoint.  I do know that I can do this, and I do know that I'm going to be very successful in whatever I do - it's just the reality that I've finally gotten to that point.

I have really appreciated the advice I've gotten from people, actually, when I saw that I had comments from people that I didn't even know, it made my whole day - I didn't know that I would get a response from an audience so soon, so thank you sooo much! :)  I will keep EVERYONE updated  for when I finally hear back from the airline.  I hope everyone has had a safe and happy halloween weekend!!

No comments: