Monday, November 22, 2010

Start of a New Beginning

So...that's that!  I finally graduated the Travel Academy last Friday the 19th.  It was not only a relief, but also a very interesting experience.  I didn't think I would miss the majority of the classmates and friends that I met, but I actually REALLY really do.  For the most part, I miss the ones I spent the MOST time with, but also the ones that I didn't really get to know, but wish I could have more.  That's life though - I know that we're all gonig to keep in touch and have a lifetime connection with each other, and we'll have the memories and pictures :)

My classmates and I with our diplomas.

Now - What am I doing?  I am currently at home for a week with my parents for Thanksgiving vacation, which is a nice little break for me.  I've had all kinds of room-mate drama before I left so I guess I'm pretty stressed about it all.  But minus the whole "mini-vacation" thing, after this, I gotta get back into the grind.  I don't know what I'm going to do about a job yet - I have some decisions to make.  I turn 21 in less than three months, so that will open up my options for airlines a whole lot more, which I think would be a smart decion.  I am still waiting on "ABC Airlines" - my application got lost in the system, so I am still waiting to hear back from them, and that would be the IDEAL situation - I would LOVE to be based out of MSP.  But if not, I am probably just going to stay in Bloomington and get a few jobs to pay rent and all of my expenses.  :)  If anyone else has any suggestions for me feel free to comment - I can take all I can get!


Group picture of our class.

Also, after my graduation, a group of my classmates and my family and boyfriend all went out to eat, and I spoke to my instructor about helping him out with teaching Worldspan to the class - that makes me EXTREMELY excited, because I'm hoping to maybe sell a little travel on the side of being a flight attendant.  I LOVE working in Worldspan and learning about geography, so this would also be ideal for me - who knows what else I could get into? :) So for all you readers out there who are needing to go on a vacation - feel freee to contact! 

My instructors Paul and Peggy handing me my diploma. :)


But that's all for now - it's getting late and I get to catch up with some high school friends at lunch tomorrow.  I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and stays safe!

2 comments:

Juniper said...

Melissa, congratulations on your graduation! :-)

Have a lovely Thanksgiving break and good luck with the job-hunting.

Jx

melissa said...

Thank you VERY much! It's harder than I thought! haha