Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Biggg News!

It's official!  I have heard back from "ABC Airlines" and I was invited to an "Invitation-Only Informational Open House!"   Which is VERY exciting, because it's part two to the three-step program!  Unfortunately, I am having some doubts, because in two months I turn 21, which means even MORE options of airlines that I could be employed at, but I mean, it won't hurt to go through with the interview process and see how it all works and what could happen!  In the meantime, I have applied at TWO other places and am waiting to hear from them:

First:  I applied for a receptionist job at a dental office in Minneapolis.  Could be interesting.  I've always wanted to have a receptionist job, at least for the experience.  My mom has been a dental assistant for about 26 years, so I'm at least comfortable in the dental office atmosphere, which is bettter than most people!


Second: I applied for a Nurse's Aid Position at a nice little nursing home in the town i'm living in right now.  "Friendship Village" or something like that.  I've done my research, and they look like a pretty good facility compared to some of the one's I've worked at!  I've been certified as a nurse's assistant since I was 16, so I'm basically a veteran by now!  I figure as long as I'm unemployed and need a job, anything will work, so I'm willing to go back :) Plus, the elderly absolutely LOVE me, so I don't think I'd mind it so much!



As for the Open House, I'm really looking forward to it!  I've waited about a month to hear back from this airline, so I need to refresh on my "Sparkle and Shine" and interview skills to impress the board!  My friend Tenisha got hired by "ABC Airlines" also, so that would be absolutely amazing to be able to go to training with her, but I'm not going to get my hopes up - airlines are VERY selective!  I'll let everyone know how it goes! :)))))))

No comments: